Homes For Sale in Nags Head, NC

Nags Head Real Estate Market Insights

The housing market in Nags Head is somewhat competitive. The median sale price of a home in Nags Head was $720K last month, an increase of 30.8% since last year. The median sale price per square foot in Nags Head is $562, an increase of 61.6% since last year. In February 2024:


Median Sale Price


# of Homes Sold


Median Days on Market

Map of Nags Head Real Estate Listings

For Sale
Under Contract
Active Under Contract
Coming Soon

Find Your Dream House For Sale in Nags Head, NC

Nags Head, NC, is a highly desirable coastal community located in the Outer Banks region. Known for its stunning beaches, abundant recreational opportunities, and rich cultural heritage, Nags Head offers residents an exceptional coastal living experience. Homes in Nags Head, NC ranges from quaint beach cottages, contemporary seaside villas, or spacious oceanfront estates. Many properties in Nags Head are designed to take advantage of the stunning surroundings, with features such as large windows, balconies, and expansive decks that offer panoramic views of the ocean or sound. The neighborhood's architectural styles vary, allowing residents to find a home that suits their individual taste and lifestyle.

Nags Head Real Estate FAQs

About 66% of the properties in the town are owned by homeowners, while the remaining 34% are rented. The primary types of housing in this area consist of single detached homes and townhouses.

The housing market in Nags Head is somewhat competitive.

Factors contributing to the real estate market growth in Nags Head include its attractive beachside location, vacation rental opportunities, a thriving tourism industry, and an appealing coastal lifestyle.

On average, homes in Nags Head sell after 33 days on the market. However, this can differ depending on the specific property and market conditions.

Whether it's a good time to invest in real estate in Nags Head depends on various factors, including market trends, your financial situation, and investment goals; consulting an expert Nags Head realtor is recommended.

Top considerations for buying a property in Nags Head include budget, proximity to the beach, flood zone considerations, potential for vacation rental income, property condition, and guidance from a qualified Nags Head real estate agent familiar with the area.

—Work With The Brad Beacham Group —

The Outer Banks is our home and we love it as much as you do. We create lasting relationships with our clients through unrivaled attention to detail, honesty and open communication. We stay on the cutting edge of technology and marketing while keeping our fingers on the daily pulse of the local real estate market. Contact us today to start your journey and put us to work for you!